For creatives like a Video or a Carousel having a video slide is not Auto-playing and is user-initiated could be due to various reasons:
- The default video option is set to "Autoplay" and can be changed to "Click-to-play" before pressing the "Save" button to save the creative
- Once the creative is saved, the video option (autoplay/click-to-play) cannot be altered
- However, as a workaround, you can duplicate the creative, update the video option to "Autoplay" and save it
Note: Nova cannot change the state of the video playback once a creative is saved. This is an intentional feature since click-to-play and Auto-play video creatives have different video metric measurement methodologies. Auto-play counts player loads and respective play rates and player starts which is not applicable to click-to-play since that is dependent on user interaction.
- Your Team/Org has a default setting for Video posts to be set to Click-to-Play and not Autoplay i.e. for any new post created the default setting is set to Click-to-Play and it needs to be manually updated to Auto-play
- For such a case, send us your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you in updating the setting in the backend.
- Carousel posts with video slides default to Click-to-Play and not Autoplay
- This is a product design since carousel posts are manually flipped in order to view all the slides
- They are user-initiated so keeping autoplay would result in incorrect metrics/data, as by the time the user views the video slide, it may be half or fully played
- Fill in the creative fields using manual asset upload or social import
- Navigate to Media and upload the video asset
- Select Auto-play or Click to Play and hit Save to save the creative
Having any questions or facing issues with video playback? Send us your request to email@example.com